Variable-speed Gearbox for Pumps & Compressors
SETCON is an electro-mechanical variable-speed gearbox designed to control speed in large pumps, compressors, fans, and blowers. With the highest overall efficiency compared to other VSD, SETCON is a robust variable-speed drive technology for your application and pioneering in terms of reliability.
- Highest overall efficiency up to 97% (reduced OPEX)
- Power range 4–15 MW
- Variable output speed up to 15,000 rpm
- Footprint optimized for easy replacement of hydraulic gear couplings
- Integrated LOS (incl. lubrication of external units)
- For Retrofits the existing Main drive remains (reduced CAPEX)
- Service-friendly and robust design due to low-voltage electronics
= lowest life cycle costs (LCCs) on market
Add-ons: “Soft-start device” – Integrated soft start of Main Drive
As oil and gas prices continue to fluctuate, the demand for C02 reduced energy production increases , and EU Ecodesign regulations are now stricter, more and more operators are turning to controlled speed drives for their machines. What is standard in other applications, namely adjusting the power required to actual needs, is still not common practice in many areas of industry. If speed control is used, frequency converters (full-scale converters) or hydrodynamic variable speed gear couplings are usually installed. However, when high electrical drive power is required, purchase costs and efficiency losses are often high.
SETCON on the other hand combines all the benefits of conventional drive technologies, thus delivering extremely high efficiency, minimal footprint, and maximum reliability.